REAL ESTATE AND EQUIPMENT LEASE LITIGATION
Many real estate disputes and equipment lease cases involve claims for breach of contract or fraud among other possible claims and/or a variety of corresponding defenses. In order to determine if you have grounds to sue, defend, or counterclaim, it is necessary to review the terms of the specific agreement and the chronology of events. Usually, the contract terms will control. In order to evaluate these types of claims or potential defenses, it is best to schedule a consult with a qualified commercial litigation attorney.
These types of disputes can arise in a variety of contexts:
- Purchase and sale, option, and/or development agreements
- Construction projects, agreements with general contractors, subcontractors and mechanics’ liens
- Property management agreements and receivership
- Real estate broker and agent agreements, commissions, and their ethical, fiduciary and other common law disclosure obligations
- Mortgage foreclosure, loan workouts and restructuring, trustee’s sales, collection, and bankruptcy
- Business loan agreements, promissory notes, deeds of trust, assignments of rent and guarantees, deficiency actions and related bankruptcy proceedings such as motions for relief from the automatic stay
- Title disputes involving easements, property lines, adverse possession, quiet title, trespass, nuisance, partition
- Landlord-tenant disputes involving eviction proceedings (nonpayment and holdover) and complex commercial lease and license disputes
- Condo, Co-op and Homeowner Association disputes
- Eminent domain, condemnation, and valuation disputes
- Equipment Lease, Rental and Financing agreements and related Security Agreements for construction, office, restaurant and business equipment and vehicles
We have a deep understanding of real estate and equipment litigation. We were formerly outside counsel to many lenders. We have been outside counsel to the largest dealer of Caterpillar construction equipment and electrical generators on the East Coast since 1995. Our clients rely on our extensive experience in interconnected areas of law to represent them effectively and efficiently. We offer legal solutions that are tailored to meet every client’s individual needs.